Saturday, March 15, 2008

DREAM: After the fight interviews 1

Minowaman:
I think I completed my mission.  My opponent was announced in the very last minute.  I believed I could fight in this event and prepared to do so.  I was cautious not to get his powerful punches and kicks brought by his heavy weight.  I was aiming at locking not only legs but other parts.  I lost on NYE and I felt low in Jan and Feb.  I didn't even feel like celebrating the New Year.  I think the spring comes to me tomorrow.

Gwan Lee:
I had fun fighting him and have no regrets.  I think Minowaman was a great fighter.  I guess I feel this way because I like him.

Hayato "Mach" Sakurai:
- What do you think about your fight?
I feel relieved.  I felt pressure because this fight was about Mach Dojo vs Wahyutsu Keisyukai.
- Would you like to continue fighting in the light weight? Are you in interested in fighting at 154lb?
I fought at 170lb today and I have never lowered my weight to 154lb before though.  
- How was your opponent?
I paid attention not to get triangle chokes and arm locks by his long arms and legs.  I was surprised to see how sharp his punches were actually.  I'm good at fighting a guy like him though.  
- How did you like fighting in DREAM?
I think MMA events including DREAM, YARENNOKA! and PRIDE have their own character and create great entertainment.  I cannot chose which events I like the best though.  
- Do you like to fight in the welter weight?
Sure.  I want to keep fighting in this weight class for sure.  I had hard time dieting before, however DREAM has my weight class and I can do my best in the most comfortable weight class for me.

http://dreamofficial.com/news/detail.php?id=1205587285
  

Hidetaka Monma:
I'm very disappointed about the result of my fight.  That's all I think about my fight.  My game plan was fighting in the standing position for 10min. and 5min. though I knew he was a good striker.  I needed more time to prepare for fighting such a well experienced fighter.  If I have a chance to fight a good striker in my future, it is necessary for me to gain more MMA techniques by training my striking, wrestling and ground techniques hard.

Joachim Hansen:
- What do you think about your fight?
I'm relieved to defeat Boku.  He used to be an amateur boxer and I was close to being KO'd by getting his punch to my head.  
- Boku was pressured to see how aggressive you are and how tough you were because you didn't get much damage by getting his punches to your chin and face.
I fight to live and my head is as hard as metal rocks.  That's why I could win.  
- Who would you like to fight next?
I will fight anybody and want to fight someone who our fans expect to see.  
- Boku is the SHOOTO champion.  Would you like to fight SHOOTO fighters again?
It doesn't matter for me if my opponent is the SHOOTO champion or not.  I felt good defeating a champion though.
- You fought Aoki before and you were defeated.  Would you like to fight AOKI again?
I have fought Calvan, Kawajiri and Aoki before.  It doesn't matter if I have fought before or not.  I may fight either Aoki or J.Z.Calvan.  If so, I will think positive and prepare for the fight.  

Kotetsu Boku:
It was very tough fight and his punches hurt me.  He is a very experienced fighter and he controlled the whole fight.  His throw was very powerful and I couldn't escape.  I wasn't in a bad situation like we see on the tape when he was trying to submit, however, I was almost submitted.  I accept this result.  He was strong and he fought his fight.  I wish I could give him jabs and straight punches, but I got a down in 2R and have nothing to say.  Kid said I did good job.  I will think about my career including retiring from the ring.  

http://dreamofficial.com/news/detail.php?id=1205587285

1 comment:

Glenn Fearnley said...

good stuff, thanks suki. the "my head is as hard as metal rocks" quote from hansen was pretty funny. and boku thinking about retiring is kind of crappy.