Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Yarennoka turned over the decision and announced that the fight between Akiyama vs Misaki was a no contest. Misaki had kept silent since then and finally opened up and talked in public on Feb 21.
- What do you think about turning over the decision?
I have no hard feelings and just accept their announcement. I was satisfied with showing my fans my fight against Akiyama in Yarennoka.
- What do you think about your soccer ball kicking? Do you think that was a foul play?
Nobody can clearly say that was foul play or not now. I think God makes the fight no contest and I accept his decision.
- What do you think about Tanikawa criticizing your contract with Sengoku?
I wonder why. I shouldn't say anything about that misunderstanding, but I suppose Yarennoka didn't tell him about my contract clearly and correctly. I have never betrayed before and won't in my future. I'm not an unfair person and won't be. I chose Sengoku because I think that's the right way to move on.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
- You finally announced your next stage to fight. Can I ask about your 2007?
I don't want to recall my past.
- You are a well-known fighter and many people were wondering where you fight next and I heard many rumors.
I know some publications talked about me because they expected a lot from me. I answered to their question honestly. However, I couldn't tell anything about my contract before I signed up.
- How did you feel while you were working on negotiating with many events?
I had a normal life and did what I could do at that time. I trained in my gym. I wasn't sure if I wanted to fight last year. I knew my fans wanted to see my fights and I appreciated their support though. I took a break and that was what I needed.
- You went to watch the UFC live last year.
I didn't want to stay in Japan and wanted to go somewhere for fun. That's all.
- Did you feel uncomfortable staying in Japan on NYE? I guess because many people were curious and asked how you felt?
No, not like that. I fought in front of a big audience in Saitama for past several years on NYE, and I had parties with staff and friends after fights. I was at a loss when I thought about watching MMA event on TV alone at home on NYE. I missed the countdown with thousands of MMA fans in Saitama Super Arena. The UFC event was great and I even thought about fighting there. I like fans in Saitama though. I felt NYE in Saitama was more energetic and powerful than the UFC.
- You decided not to fight in the UFC. I heard Dana White said Gomi chose Sengoku because of the money.
- He says negative things about fighters who didn't sign up with him.
Well, I felt I prefer watching the UFC to fighting there. It is definitely amazing to travel to Las Vegas, enjoy gambling and watching the UFC with hot girls. I would like to go and see the UFC again. So, I will keep in touch with Dana White to get a free pass.
- Did you watch Japanese MMA events?
Yes. I mostly watched the middle weight fights. I fast forwarded some parts and didn't watch full fights though.
- Did you imagine you fought either in Yarennoka or in Dynamite?
If I fought in those events, I wanted to fight J.Z. Calvan because he was a champion. I wasn't ready to fight and I didn't want to have a fight which disappointed my fans. Eventually, J.Z. cancelled his fight.
- Did you get any offer to fight J.Z.Calvan?
Nope. If I fight someone, then I probably choose to fight J.Z.. I went to see HEROS last summer and thought nobody could stop him. It seemed like HEROS fighters didn't want to fight him and fans in that event even felt same way.
- That's why you wanted to fight him?
It was kinda strange for me to challenge him though.
- Yes, you are the PRIDE champion, too!
Oh well, it is true that I defeated Mach Sakurai in front of the audience, but I feel like that belt is not valid anymore. That's why I want to challenge in a new place.
- Don't you have your belt with you?
I have it in my house. I don't know where to return it even.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
- What would you like to achieve in MMA?
I have only one thing in my mind now. It's to be a champion in Sengoku.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
New Japanese MMA event, DREAM is announced in Tokyo Metropolitan Hotel on Feb 13.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I got a message from my friend about the magazine, Playboy. He recommended for me to go and get it because the photographs of Suzanne are really good. I freaked out imagining having to walk 2 min. to the store. Under the terrible pain I walked unnatural and that brings more pain. What can I get by getting through this? It's Suzanne's photograph which I have never seen and I want to see. I took 500 yen and decided to go.
I felt dizzy, but I made it to a store and came home. I drank an after workout protein drink as usual and put the playboy on the table. I was satisfied seeing this magazine. I wish I could enjoy more if I could use my right hand...
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
Sunday, February 3, 2008