Sunday, September 28, 2008

SENGOKU.5: Post Fight Interviews

SENGOKU official website posted fighter's interviews.
Jorge Masvidal:
In my last fight, I was very disappointed about the fact the referee stopped our fight too soon. I'm very happy to defeat my opponent by TKO today. I want to thank my teammates for supporting me. I want to fight Gomi and Rodrigo Damm in SENGOKU and beat them up badly. I'm very excited to come back to Japan in Nov.
Ryan Schultz:
It was a very tough fight. Masvidal was good. I know why I lost. It' was all about my motivation. I don't have much passion to fight lately. I need to find a strong motivation to fight. I would definitely like to come back to SENGOKU and I hope Japanese fans support me. I have been a champion before and I know what I have to do to be a champion. I go home, get a fighting spirit back and come back.

Kiuma Kunioku:
My stamina didn't last whole 3 rounds. I need to find a way to make myself feel comfortable fighting in this weight class. My opponent was a good striker. I got a couple of punches in the beginning of 1R, but I knew I could take him down and defeat him on the ground.
A Sol Kwon:
I enjoyed fighting in such a huge place and in front of such a big audience. He looked fierce in a picture, but I had an impression that he was kind when I saw him in person.

Siyar Bahadurzada:
I don't remember what exactly happened. It was such a short fight and I couldn't do anything. I had. I supposed we would have a very exciting battle. I very much regret how this fight ended. I'm getting used to fighting in a big event. I'm sure it's hard to fight twice a day in Nov.
http://www.sengoku-official.com/pc/topics/2008/09/29_339.html

Jorge Santiago:
Logan was a smart fighter. I waited longer and saw his fighting plan in the beginning. In the 2R, I push him to a rope and he was getting tired. I'm satisfied with the way I won. I would like to fight a Japanese fighter next.
Logan Clark:
I did OK in 1R. I was slower than usual today. He was good at keeping a favorable distance for him. My opponent was in the better condition than me today.

Kazuhiro Nakamura:
I took him down in 1R and 3R. My opponent was good at defending himself. In 3R, I was tired, but he had great endurance. After experiencing to fight in the U.S., I realized that my fans supported me a lot mentally today. It was a great experience for me to fight someone who is a great striker. I gained a confidence fighting in the a position today.
Paul Chahoon:
I was surprised to see Nakamura's striking skills because he was stronger and better than I expected. I prepared a lot for his judo techniques; therefore, I was confused to see his fight plan was fighting in the standing position.

Yuki Sasaki:
I'm glad to defeat Kondo, who I have respected since I debut in PANCRASE. I'm very appreciative that my teammates are very supportive. We all fight to live and work hard to win. I'm sure my victory encourage other teammates.
http://www.sengoku-official.com/pc/topics/2008/09/29_340.html


King Mo:
Girls around me are queens in my kingdom. They helped me a lot to win this fight. I fight anybody. If someone tries to destroy my kingdom, I will punish him.
Travis Wiuff:
I though a referee should have waited longer before he stopped our fight. I have lost in my MMA career. It's not fun being defeated, but I have to accept this loss and review my performance for the future. A great fighter even loses once in a while. My opponent is a very experienced fighter. He is a great fighter who worked hard to improve striking skills.

Xande Ribeiro:
I enjoyed fighting in SENGOKU. It was a great experience fighting someone who had a different background with me. Before the fight, I was too excited; however, I was calm and didn't make any big mistakes. I'm glad to win today. I regret that I was impatient when I took a mount position. I couldn't take him down on the ground in 2R and 3R because I was too tired. It was my first MMA fighter and I didn't know how exactly attack him from the mount position.
Takashi Sugiura:
A doctor sewed up the cut with 2 stitches inside and 8 stitches outside. An eye didn't get any damage. I thought my opponent was tired in the 1R. I was going to manage to bear his attacks in 1R and 2R and be aggressive in 3R. However, I couldn't step forward and got his punches in 3R. I couldn't move as I planned. I enjoyed fighting in MMA; although, I'm not going to fight here again. I'm comfortable being a pro wrestler.

http://www.sengoku-official.com/pc/topics/2008/09/29_341.html

No comments: