Monday, September 15, 2008

DREAM: Ktaro Nakamura Interview

DREAM official website posted an interview of Ktaro Nakamura who participated DREAM.6. on Sep 23. (This interview was taken place on Sep 11)
- Could you tell me why you decided to come back?
I lost a motivation as a fighter when I was injured the eye. I found out the condition of the eye wasn't too serious later, and so I participated in a grappling fight to see my condition. I decided to come back when I won the fight.
- I think many fans expected to see you again for sure. What's your favorite techniques?
I like choking.
- What do you think about DREAM?
I think DREAM is the biggest MMA event in Japan.
- Could you compare DREAM with the UFC?
I think both events are in the same level. The lightweight class is extremely high level in both events. I want to see a fight of Hansen vs B.J.Penn personally.
- You face Adriano Martins.
I found out Fanjin Son, who fights in SHOOTO and CAGE FORCE, trained with him. In his blog, he said "Martins was extremely strong. " So, have to be careful.
- Martins saw your fight videos and said you weren't impressive.
He is just making a bluff.
- Who do you want to fight in the near future?
I want to fight Shinya Aoki because he is considered a No.1 lightweight fighter in Japan.
- What do you want to do in your fight?
I want to win by submitting him. I want to keep fighting in DREAM and I cannot lose this fight.
Assumed that I will fight in Sep, I have been training. I'm well prepared. I hope I will be popular with women as a result of winning this fight.

No comments: