Tuesday, June 3, 2008

KID Yamamoto debut in DREAM on July 21

Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto announced his participation into DREAM.5 in Osaka on Jul 21.

Yamamoto:
I haven't attended a conference like this and haven't fought for a while. I fight as usual and correspond to my fans expectation.
Sasahara:
I wanted him to fight in DREAM.4. We couldn't find a suitable opponent for him and postponed to DREAM.5 to let him fight in a good condition.
Yamamoto:
I have more time conditioning and I will be fully ready in July.

The weight is still in negotiation. Kid hopes to fight in 61 kg to 62 kg. It seems like Kid doesn't know much about his opponent, Joseph Benavidez

Yamamoto:
MMA is very popular in the U.S. and in Japan. I wanted to fight fighters who did good in the U.S. Urijah Faber said he was the best fighter in his gym, so I suppose our fight will be very exciting. (As for Faber's message that Faber wanted to fight him someday) I 'm very glad to hear that from him, who is the best feather weight fighter in the U.S. I'm excited to fight him if he moves down his weight class to mine. If someone who I don't know asked me to fight, I turn down immediately and say I don't have have time to waste. (Per Japanese fighters who are interested in fighting him) I'm not interested in because they haven't proved themselves yet. When Tokoro becomes a top fighter, I will definitely fight. I don't fight him for now. I work on ground techniques a lot and I'm very into developing. I will be very aggressive on the ground as well. I will show my fans that I'm an all round fighter.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/column/200806/at00017479.html
http://www.dreamofficial.com/news/detail.php?id=1212484467

No comments: