Fedor Emelianenko had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kamipro.
- We haven't seen each other for a while. I'm glad to see you again.
I'm sorry that it took a while to make time for you, but I was in intensive training for my next fight in July.
- Your next fight is in Affliction on July 19. Tell me what you think.
I have busy and useful days now. I have concentrated more in my training since my fight was announced.
- I heard many fans gathered at the press conference of Affliction in LA and NY last month.
Yes. Many fans came by. I was encouraged by them and my fighting spirit was raised.
- How do you like Affliction?
Affliction sponsors MMA events with M-1 Global together. I'm excited to create a new event together.
- Your opponent, Tim Sylvia, was defeated by Minotauro in the UFC last Feb. Did you see their fight?
I don't have time to watch their fight now. I will let you know my opinion when I watch it.
- What do you think about Sylvia?
He is a very strong and good fighter. He won 5 times in the championship on the UFC and he is 4th position in the world ranking. I'm proud to fight him.
- Sylvia said that you were too small to fight him. What do you think?
I defeated a fighter who was a lot bigger than him, so I don't think it's too hard to fight a big fighter.
- Tell me your fighting schedule.
I train with fighters who participate a M-1 Global event on Jun 27 now. I train 2.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening everyday.
- What kind of training do you do?
It's a secret.
- Ok. The brother of Minotouro, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, fights in Affliction. Do you think we can see a rematch of you and Minotouro someday?
I defeated him twice and I don't think it's necessary; although, I will be positive to fight him again if fans want to see.
- Minotouro is the UFC champion now. You are not attracted to defeat the UFC champion?
Not really. I have fought 2 UFC champions before and won.
- You talk about Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman.
I have no reason to refuse a fight with another champion, yet I want to defeat the strongest fighter. It's also important for me to see that M-1 Global is the top MMA event in the world.