Friday, February 8, 2008

Takada talks about Yarennoka!


Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.  

- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion. 

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?  
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.  

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.  

 

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/column/200802/at00016207.html

3 comments:

tanner said...

good stuff, thank you

The Psycho said...

After reading this story, it looks like he's sticking to Pro Wrestling running HUSTLE. HUSTLE is 10x more insane than the WWE.

MMA BLASTER said...

Good job Suki!