Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tokoro fights Yamazaki in DREAM.5.

On July 15, DREAM announced that Hideo Tokoro faced Takeshi Yamazaki in DREAM.5.

Sasahara:
Both fighters won last fights and only one of them can remain as a non-defeated fighter in DREAM. This is also a battle of handsome guys. This is a great opportunity for them to appeal themselves to many MMA fans because TBS broadcasts this event live on TV.

Tokoro:
I know about Yamazaki well and I wish I could avoid fighting him. He has excellent ground techniques and never gives up. I will avoid getting his choke sleeper and his arm triangle from a mount position. Kid is a top fighter in the featherweight class in the world. Losing before facing him means that I leave from the line. I'll do my best to survive.

Yamazaki:
I'm a good friend of his brother. I know him quite a long time. I knew we would fight someday since we chose to fight in DREAM. I think we will have a good fight and I definitely want to win. He is very aggressive and fearless. We are both grappler but have different style; his techniques are vivid and mine is insistent. I saw his last fight and noticed that he developed his strikings. This will be a tough fight. I'm not thinking about Kid now. I focus on my next fight to get a next chance.

http://dreamofficial.com/news/detail.php?id=1216104801

No comments: