Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Joachim Hansen interview

DREAM official website posted an interview of Joachim Hansen on July 30. This interview was taken place on July 22.

- Congratulations! Now you are a DREAM lightweight champion as well as a winner of the tournament.
Thank you. I'm very happy and relaxed. I'm walking with light steps every day now.
- I suppose it was a great day for you yesterday.
My dream came true. By good luck, a favorable wind arose toward me and I didn't miss a chance. I'm appreciative of my teammates, fans and my family.
- You came here to fight in a reserved match.
I concentrated a fight with Black Mamba and didn't think about anything else when I was training. Frankly speaking, I had a slight hope to fight in the final somewhere in my mind.
- Is it hard to condition yourself mentally for the final?
No, I don't think so. I was fully relaxed after my fight with Mamba. A DREAM staff came in and told me that Eddy defeated Kawajiri but he was injured; therefore, I got a chance to fight in the final. As soon as I heard that, I was all pumped up for a fight with Aoki quickly. I believed in myself that I could get a belt and revenged Aoki.
- In front of the audience, Alvarez said you were the only fighter who could take his place in the final.
Eddy came to see me before the final and wished my luck. I received a positive spirit from him.
- You two get along with each other?
We are good friends outside of the ring. I didn't know him before we fought in DREAM.3. We had an opportunity to talk after our fight and became friends. We may hang out with when we both retire from being pro fighters.
- Did you talk to him after the final?
Yes. He congratulated me on defeating Aoki. He said that I deserved this belt. In response, I told him that I wanted to fight him first to defend my belt.
- What did you think about Aoki? You fought him in 2006.
He is a good fighter. He is a clever and dangerous fighter for others. I suppose he is one of the top grapplers in the lightweight. I didn't see how much he developed himself in last 2 years, to be honest. I improved myself a lot since we fought. Another reason I could defeat him was my second gave me proper advices.
- What do you use a prize for?
I haven't thought about it yet, but I want to make use of wisely.
- Tell me about your next goal.
I want to defend this title over and over again and keep this forever. See you in my next fight. Thank you.

No comments: